A new website idea

mattevans

Thanks to everyone that has replied to my post.

I am currently in the process of registering the domain and then I am going to start designing the site and collecting information for the site.

If anyone has any information that they think I will find useful or wish to offer any help etc, please e-mail me at mpevans@tesco.net.

All help and information given will be greatly received and credit given on the website.

Thanks again

Matt

Apart from the fact that most flash sites look naff unless done properly, www.2advanced.com for example.

Properly? Please define... (or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Are you implying it is an example of naff?)

although probably not needed for most sites, this flash is very flash and suits the type of company using it. works very well on my modest kit, although the sound is very annoying!

Yes sorry ASP or PHP or any other Server Side Scripting Language may be used, but this must be used in conjunction with HTML. You can also use Cascading Style Sheets to format the pages but again with HTML. You can also use Client Side Scripting Languages such as JavaScript and VBScript. Oh and of course you can include objects like Macromedia Flash.

[/bored Overful Christmas Evening Pedant]

Appologies for the off topic nature of this post :)

Guest lightnix
I am currently in the process of registering the domain and then I am going to...

So... the potential for confusion, due to there already being a website with a very similar name and purpose, isn't going to put you off then?

No it isnt going to put me off.

This website is going to be new and dedicated to Lighting Console Programming Tips, Macros etc whereas the other website just has links to other websites.

I do not feel that I am copying any websites and do not intend to.

I want to provide a resource that enables people to find console programming tips, macros, guide to consoles etc etc in an easy to use central location with links to manufactuers websites.

Thanks

Matt

This website is going to be new and dedicated to Lighting Console Programming Tips, Macros etc whereas the other website just has links to other websites.

I do not feel that I am copying any websites and do not intend to.

I want to provide a resource that enables people to find console programming tips, macros, guide to consoles etc etc in an easy to use central location with links to manufactuers websites.

Have you seen this site? It already provides a comprehensive database of lighting console details and specs, with a link to the manufacturer's site at the bottom of each page.

I have just looked at that website gareth but it does not offer the things I am suggesting to offer, such as useful macros, programming tips etc, it just gives details of each console.

Thanks for pointing me to the site gareth

Matt

Archived