Who makes Cycs

fliggygeek

We just had our theatres cyc fallen through by a dancer, where do you source a cyc from? We assume its custom made, I'm in Australia, so we guess that its gonna have to be a custom job, its insured, we just need it in a month, (really ASAP, but we can tolerate it until then). Any pointers appreciated.

Bytecraft Entertainment might be able to point you in the right direction - they won't make them, but I would think they'll definitely know who does. Staging Connections would be the other people to try...good luck!

We just had our theatres cyc fallen through by a dancer, where do you source a cyc from? We assume its custom made, I'm in Australia, so we guess that its gonna have to be a custom job, its insured, we just need it in a month, (really ASAP, but we can tolerate it until then). Any pointers appreciated.

For sources in Oz, you may get more help from the ALIA Forum.

a) I'm not convinced we know what the 'old stuff' was

b) what sort of size

c) touring or static?

Static, 15m x ~10m, has a steel frame and flys in and out vertically.

Uses an almost loose knitting style using really thin thread. Quite light (g/sqm) material, stretches over frame and is laced on with eyelets and rope.

I would speak to the guys from Imported Theater Fabrics they can be contacted on (03) 9543 4011, Ive worked in a hall where the refitted all the drapes, and supplied various other things (Shot Bags, and LX Bars), dont know what kind of time frame they work to though.

Hope that helps

Archived