What connector is this?

tomh05

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could tell me what these sockets at the bottom of the image are? They're in an old auditorium and by my count have 24 pins. My guess would have been lectriflex, but those are only 16 pin. I'm on a hunt for useful infrastructure to set up lighting for a play there. There was some text like "10A max" written on the edge.

Thanks,

Tom

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/880649/pic.jpg

Nope you're right, they are Lectriflex. Although to be pedantic they are probably made by Harting. Have a look around the Farnell website.

Yep, "Harting 24" shows up plenty of results. Thanks very much!

That actually looks like a 48 way connector as there are two inserts are in a single shell, might be sound, might be LX (Control or power), or it might be for something like a stage managers desk.

Can you have a look at what the wiring into the back of it is like, that should at least hint as to what it is.

Regards, Dan.

That image brings instantly to mind 15+ year old Wieland loom plugs, they had a similar design layout (and has since changed) and you can get them in a variety of pin's, and locking pin locations and number of. Amphenol also make similar (and compatible)industrial connectors.

Both brands have a 16A @400V rating on them

Just a side note - Over there you guys use Soccapex for your power looms, here we primarily use 10 pin Wieland looms (Similar shaped connector as in the pic but just less pins an only 1, not 2)

I would be just a tad cautious as to opening them up, as they could be live power or something else nasty behind them.

Archived