Weighing hemp sets, is it poss??

Narf

Hi, this may be a bit of a strange question but I’ll ask to see if anyone knows anyway, :(

I was wondering if there was a device which could be used the measure the weight of a hemp set from on the fly floor, for example attaching it to the cleat and then the lines to get an accurate weight attached to that particular set???

And where I would be able to obtain one from is available?

Your help will be gratefully appreciated,

Narf

You are looking for things called 'load cells' or 'strain gauges', very common in the weighing industry and also found backstage in rigging applications, for instance when flying a truss.

If you have an RS catalogue to hand, have a look at 206-0290 for a 500kg cell. You'll need a display unit to use such a part.

A quick google will find you people selling complete packages.

The only trouble with load cells is they have to be in line.ie.You would have to remove your lines to attach the load cell.You might be better off looking for something calleda Rope Tension Meter.This basically clamps onto the line and tells you how much load is on it.

Archived