Pearl questions

mark_s

Hi all,

I have a few Pearl (Titan) specific questions. Firstly, I have found that if you have a playback up, and flash or solo a second playback, any LTP attributes remain at the value in the flashed/swopped playback. I'm not doubting that this is expected behaviour - the attribute is last changed in the flashed playback, and therefore remains at that value - but it's not what I want to happen! I have a cue on a playback to flash some LED fixtures in O/W, which is in the 'base' playback with colour. By using the flash/swop button like this, the fixtures remain at O/W when the flash or swop button is released. Is there any way to change this (short of flashing the original playback in turn, which won't really work in this instance)?

The second question regards setting values in palettes using another palette. If, for example, you have a palette with a mask inclusive of several attributes, which were originally set from several other palettes which only contain data for one attribute, if you update the 'base' palettes will the inclusive palette also update? Or are the values recorded by value rather than palette reference (as I suspect they are)? I hope that makes sense!

Use release: [Playback Options]/toggle attributes to release.

Palettes should not (as far as I am aware) reference other palettes. However, I have some examples where they do. It's not something I can explain although it is likely a result of transitions through various software versions/builds.

You can set a release mask on the playback so LTP channels go back to the state in the previous playback - it's in the Playback Options menu, set the attributes you want to release to "include".

However the release has a fixed fade time of 2 sec which might not be suitable.

I am not sure about the second question, I will try it...

edit: aahh, Nic beat me to it

Archived