2 channel mic mixer needed

AHYoung

here's the deal... I need to do the following. mix the output of 2 balanced lo impedanace mics into a single input. sounds easy, but the tricky bit is that the 2 volume controls have to mount onto a dual gang plate and the gubbins within strandard dado trunking so its not a lot of space. the other option is a rack mounted unit with vcas driven by the volume controls, I could get the verobored out and build a fairly simple preamp / mixer, but id rather buy it off the shelf and im sure you can get either what I need or the building blocks somewhere...any pointers?

there are loads of av amps or inded switchers that give you a controllable mic input, but none seem to give 2 controllable ones and afull blown DSP / touch panel is over the top. Whats needed is a mixer with only 2 knobs, so you can turn up mic 1 and/ or mic 2, any more control will just frighten the user...

here's the deal... I need to do the following. mix the output of 2 balanced lo impedanace mics into a single input. sounds easy, but the tricky bit is that the 2 volume controls have to mount onto a dual gang plate and the gubbins within strandard dado trunking so its not a lot of space. the other option is a rack mounted unit with vcas driven by the volume controls, I could get the verobored out and build a fairly simple preamp / mixer, but id rather buy it off the shelf and im sure you can get either what I need or the building blocks somewhere...any pointers?

there are loads of av amps or inded switchers that give you a controllable mic input, but none seem to give 2 controllable ones and afull blown DSP / touch panel is over the top. Whats needed is a mixer with only 2 knobs, so you can turn up mic 1 and/ or mic 2, any more control will just frighten the user...

Something like this?

none of these fit the bill sadly, but the njd unit is very close, and with a custom faceplate that looses the echo, I can see a use cheerrs for the pointer.

after some digging, the range of building block bits are by radio design labs http://www.markertek.co.uk/Catalog/Microphone-Preamps/STM-2 but im allready on plan b...

I'm a big fad of the RDL boxes, and when I saw your query I thought that would be the obvious answer, but I was unable to find a module that did just what you wanted, or indeed a small number that could be cobbled together to do the deed.

Archived