Pro MD Players

Peber

for £3000 they are expensive, but more reliable than a computer as most dedicated hardware is... cause we all know that windows likes to throw up these little problems now and then....

slightly :( my friend at MoD tells me that they have agreed that microsoft can supply the operating systems for the new navy aircraft carriers (windows for warships) because thales wanted £19M to write the software - microsoft defense offered to do it and support it for free as they need a foot in the military door....

paul...

"Windows For Warships has caused a General Protection Error. Your Contry may now be vulnerable from attacks from malicious countries. Please upgrade to Windows For BattleShips 2004"

or

"Windows for warships cannot find the software for 'Tomahawk Cuise Missile'.Would you like to upload it from the Micro Soft Website?"

or

"Are you sure you would like to declare war on Country X?"

At ABTT I was informed by the Sony Rep that the reason the 1U MD + CD units were being withdrawn is that it would be "to expensive to redesign them to fit in with the latest CE certification"

Any ideas if this is marketing fluf or a general reason? are there safety problems with the existing units?

James

Archived