Robe Colourspot 250 AT Problem

dmoorcroft

Hi All,

My first post :-)

I have a robe colourspot 250 AT (http://www.robe.cz/products/article/colorspot-250-at/) thats giving me grief :-(

Its not lamping on and displaying the messages "HEAT" and "L-ON" I suspect this may be due to an overheating problem despite giving the fixture a good clean just a few weeks ago. I havent investigated furher yet (plan on taking a screwdriver to it tomorrow) but any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi, ive had the same problem, and all I did to resolve this was to power the mover up, and in the pre-sets on the mover(by using the menu on the LED screen), I changed the lamp setting to "ON" and then the lamp should power up when you turn the mover on.

If this doesnt work then contact the Robe team via email as they offer alot of help.

I hope I have helped

Dan

Thanks for everyone's advice so far. I've already tried manually lamping on but to no avail. (managed to blow the lamp too)

Once a new lamp arrives I'll have another look on Monday but im pretty convinced it's going to be a case of replacing the heat sensor.

Dave

How old is it?

I have two and they moan when the lamp goes, but I don't think it gives the heat error.

There is a setting in the menu's to bypass the heat sensor if I remember rightly, you could try this if it's still giving you problems.

Many fixtures including Robe will display 'heat' or similar heat error if it switches the lamp on and doesn't sense that it's ignited properly. It doesnt necessarily mean it's actually overheating. This error often happens from stone cold!

The lamp may simply have been on its last legs anyway and a new one will cure it completely.

If it happens still with the new lamp, first check the lamp sensor is ok, well-soldered and not knocked out of line by a too-vigorous hoovering! Sometimes the sensor (a photodiode) fails as it's quite close to the lamp and leads a hard life.

Then check that the wiring loom from the ballast to the ignitor in the head is intact; the lamp cables are the thickest and the first to suffer with the constant movement of the head. They can get intermittent breaks that lead to the lamp constantly trying to ignite, extinguish, ignite and finally fail prematurely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've got some Futurelight MH660s, which are essentially Robe XT250s. I imagine the AT internals are not that different.

I had a similar problem, and as I recall it was indeed the heat sensor mounted near the lamp that was the problem.

Robe Tech support are really helpful and the sensor is a low cost item which they can most probably supply off the shelf. Give 'em a call and describe the symptom - I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Cheers, Vince

Archived