Laser or Ink Jet

d.breeze

I've just replaced my inkjet fax with a laserfax as well. I have decided I do not need the hassle of an inkjet in my life again. The heads seem to get clogged right at the most inconvenient moment (receiving a large-value faxed PO, printing an invoice in front of a customer etc). The fax doesnt get much use but has to work first time every time otherwise the document is lost.

The only time I'd consider dusting off my HP inkjet is if I wanted to do some colour photos.

This kodak printer is the best printer I have ever owned.

As suggested previously, reviews can be a good place to start. The OP needs something more office oriented, the printer mentioned above had this said about it, "....the Kodak ESP 5250 is in essence the same average-quality, slightly slothful machine as its cheaper cousin, the Kodak ESP 3250 All-in-One. It's best for light-duty school or home use".

In general, lasers printers will give lower print cost per page, and are often available in heavy duty formats designed for business use. My inclination would be to have a laser monochrome multifunctional unit and a separate colour inkjet.

I now have an inexpensive Samsung laser printer for general documents and Invoices etc - and a Canon colour ink jet for occasional picture use when required. In the past I have had Kyocera laser printers, which are cheap to run, although the toner cartridges are not quite as easy to find as other makes. Past experience with ink jet and laser toner 3rd party re-fills means that I now always use the genuine article, as I have either joined the 'black hand gang', got poor results - or both!

Good paper handling is an important factor - as paper jams are always a nuisance. I have had a couple of Samsung printers now and found them to be generally good in all respects. They do seem to come with a small amount of toner though from new - so do order a spare with the machine.

Laser printers generally produce very good print quality - at a cheaper cost per page than photocopying, so make every document an original!

Archived