LS9-16 Matrix Masters

MarkBarl

Just interested to know how others out there access the Matrix masters on an LS9-16 On the 32 they appear in the Master layer, but on the 16, the 16 Mix busses appear on the chanel strips and the only way I have found to get to the Matrix masters is to move the cursor to the upper left of the screen and incriment the channel which then goes into the Matrix masters, although they don't appear on a channel strip. Without studio manager, you can't even select them in the custom layer as you have to be able to select the channel to add it to the custom layer.

Interested to know what others think.

Mark.

Without studio manager, you can't even select them in the custom layer as you have to be able to select the channel to add it to the custom layer.

In the 'setup' / 'custom fader' you can use the wheel to select channels, mixes and matrices.

I'm longing for a way to use the matrices without having to assign them to the custom fader layer (maybe a shift button for the master layer) - my current show uses all the channels in the custom fader layer and it is a real bore to have to assign all the matrices for system setup, then swap them all back for the gig.

Regards,

Chris

• 8 years later...

Old thread but I had this same problem recently, and thanks to the above I didn't spend ages looking for something which isn't there!

I use an LS9 32 quite often so it was a scratch head moment when I needed to use matrices on the 16 for the first time. I always use the ipad app with an ls9 (I find it more of an essential than optional) so I used this to adjust matrix levels.

But lack of easy adjustment on the console is yet another "feature" which yamaha could have dealt with better in design, like the many niggles which could have been improved or resolved by a firmware update.

I still like the desk overall but I'm sure many would agree a little more thought from Yamaha would have gone a long way..