Glitter Finale

DSA

Hi,

This question may seem like a bit of a 'blatently obvious' one (see issues...)

However, I was thinking about how to create a nice finale - and having seem the Royal Variey Performance earlier in the week, I did like the effect which they used. If you missed it basically it was a nice steady silver glitter drop across the stage.

I found this thread, which has helped me realise that it is probably not a pyro effect, but more of a drop from a 'trough'. Can these be handmade? and would that not make it all fall down in one go? How can I get a nice steady drop for about say a half a minute??? Or is that going to cost silly money. Maybe I am after some heavy duty fans..... (thinking out loud)

Also can the glitter be reused the next night??

Thanks,

David

Great that sounds like what I want. With regard to the snow bag, can that be made out of a bit of cloth or can one buy such a thing? - google can only seem to find me things to do with skiing!

How much glitter would be required, from experience, for a constant 1/2 minute?

Thanks again,

David

A length of material (canvas is good) as long as you need it and a couple of feet wide. Cut slits along the short dimension, biased to one side. Sling it between two flying bars and load it with snow/glitter/whatever. Drop the 'slit' side below the 'closed' side and give it a good waggle to achieve the drop. Raise the 'slit' side above the 'closed' side to stop. You can control the density of the drop to a certain extent by cutting more or fewer slits in the canvas.

But hey, I'm a lampie - I'm sure there's someone out there who's actually made one of these things who can explain it better than me. :)

Re-using the sweepings as the next load of glitter has problems. You must check it doesnt contain more massive pieces. There's an apocryphal story of re-used confetti in a pyro cannon actually containing a piece of metal which impaled itself in the venue roof!

Hello all, I have seen this product a CONFETTI DISTRIBUTION MACHINE in the terralec catalogue check this link- http://216.71.107.24/listproducts.php?prodgroup=66 its just under half way down the page with the stock code FETTI,

I have never used one of thease machines, only seen it in the catalogue, it might be woth a look or a try, let me know what you think,

Andy

Archived