Tecpro BP1 and MS721 basestation

I have a set of the above, having changed the Lamps for LED direct replacement lamps, the call lights light up, but do not flash, im guessing that there is not enough load for the unit to flash, does anyone know if I need to add a resistor to every beltpack, or would a resistor in the base station give enough load to flash.

second, I have one beltpack missing its 4 pin XLR, does anyone have the values of the 2 bridging resistors?

Lastly, one beltpack has a problem, it receives okish (the tonality of the earmuffs is rather telephone like if that makes sense) and the mic does not work, the call lamp does, any ideas before hours of faultfinding??

think thats all for now.

cheers.

Just to note that the schematics for these things can be found on beltpack.com - the story of how the humble BP1 has got around the planet is an interesting one in nits own right, but enough to say that the old beltpacks all shared the same circuit.

I have a set of the above, having changed the Lamps for LED direct replacement lamps, the call lights light up, but do not flash, im guessing that there is not enough load for the unit to flash, does anyone know if I need to add a resistor to every beltpack, or would a resistor in the base station give enough load to flash.

Sorry but that question doesn't make sense. The call lamps on the BP1 never flashed in a fully Tecpro system. They are either on or off. The Stonewood beltpack does have a flashing circuit and will cause the lamps on a Tecpro beltpack to flash if a Stonewood beltpack is in the system.

second, I have one beltpack missing its 4 pin XLR, does anyone have the values of the 2 bridging resistors?

What do you mean by "bridging resistors"? As far as I know there are no bridging resistors in the BP1. If you mean R33 its value is 47ohms.

Lastly, one beltpack has a problem, it receives okish (the tonality of the earmuffs is rather telephone like if that makes sense) and the mic does not work, the call lamp does, any ideas before hours of faultfinding??

The mic amp is quite sophisticated and completely separate from the call lamp circuitry. IC1a is the mic amp but it is surrounded by an AGC circuit comprising TR4 (2N4424 or BC182) & TR1 (J-FET J174). It's very difficult to fix without a scope and a schematic.

Just to note that the schematics for these things can be found on beltpack.com ....

Unfortunately, they haven't been there since 2006. However S100 manuals claim to have them.

You might find this thread useful.

After some web trawling I found the BP-1 schematic here:

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20060517172159/http://www.beltpack.com/tec-bp1-schematic.pdf

and the Tecpro power supply here:

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20060517171357/http://www.beltpack.com/tec-ps-circuit.pdf

Hope that helps.

Sorry but that question doesn't make sense. The call lamps on the BP1 never flashed in a fully Tecpro system. They are either on or off. The Stonewood beltpack does have a flashing circuit and will cause the lamps on a Tecpro beltpack to flash if a Stonewood beltpack is in the system.

Hmm, might be my memory then, thought they flashed at some point, the system is all tecpro, that answers that one, thanks

What do you mean by "bridging resistors"? As far as I know there are no bridging resistors in the BP1. If you mean R33 its value is 47ohms.

sorry, me being dense, its 2 ceramic capacitors bridging between pin 1 and the shell and another between pin 3 and the shell. marking on the capacitors 473Z (or 4732)

cheers, I have downloaded the schematic for reference, might leave the dud belt pack for now,

Archived