SkyHigh FX Gerbs

Ellis

We are using FkyHigh Fx 7 second gerbs in the panto I am flying. On several occasions, the inner cardboard tube has shot out of the ithin outer tube, up in the air and fallen back alongside the pod. When one does it, the report is similar to the one at the start of the effect.

While this has not been a problem for us (sufficient safety zone), I thought I should warn blue-roomers, in case someone is thinking about using them in tighter spaces.

Regards

Ellis

The company manager did not want to be bothered with telling the manufacturer

We had another incident today. HOT FALLOUT fell well outside our generous safety zone and burned a hole in the trousers of a child in the audience!

The manufacturer has been consulted before the end of the show and it seems it may be a problem with our batch.

We're using LeMaitre from a local supplier until replacements arrive!

My one and only encounter with the sky high 7 sec gerb was in an indoor bowling hall with a corrugated roof at 8 metres from the floor (pyro site). These little blighters were firing directly upwards in a row of four.

On Ignition two were observed doing roughly what they should although they were nearer 15feet in height... the other two made a report similar to a loud theatrical flash and proceeded to jettision themselves (the whole upper part of the cartridge) at a great rate of knots towards the roof!

There are now two very well pronounced circular indents in said roof and needless to say I aint using them anymore! Le Maitre all the way in my opinion. and if possible, use the prostage stuff - much more variety.

nuff said

TTFN

The company manager did not want to be bothered with telling the manufacturer

We had another incident today.  HOT FALLOUT fell well outside our generous safety zone and burned a hole in the trousers of a child in the audience!

The manufacturer has been consulted before the end of the show and it seems it may be a problem with our batch.

We're using LeMaitre from a local supplier until replacements arrive!

Hmmmm - so the company manager was aware of the first incident, a course of action (contact the manufacturer) was suggested to them, they neglected to take the suggested action and therefore did not receive the information from the manufacturer regarding the possible faulty batch (which would have enabled the replacements to have been pressed into service earlier), and possibly as a result of this neglect another incident has now occured ..... does this make the company manager responsible for the second incident involving the faulty batch of pyro? It just goes to show, everybody has a responsibility for health & safety, whether they want it or not.

Archived