Fader pack

livesoundproduction

a bit of help please folks,

Stupidly, I am building a bespoke mixer. I have all the individual eq, compression & gating for the channels including some handsome valve pre's on some channels in place.

My question is this: short of building from scratch, does anyone manufacture a standalone fader bank without eq? basically, I dont want to be building out really bespoke channels only to replicate eq at the mixer stage.

thoughts?

I surely do! the parametrics, compressors and valve pre's that make up the first four channels are of the Presonus variety (handy size that equates to 1u size per channel. Ideally, the faders will need to fit the same format but 3-4u...

Alternatively, I was thinking of some sort of AD / DA ADAT controller, not so much for recording as for an assignable single fader module. Bearing in mind I am only making an 8ch mixer...

Like Mervaka, I'd go for a set of faders on a plate and wire them up myself. However, if you don't want to go for the DIY route you could look at summing mixers which seem to be aimed at DAW users who want to mix out of the box.

James.

Archived