Powerpoint

d.breeze

Hello

I'm after a bit of assistance with good old MS Power Point. I need to do a presentation tomorrow (leaving it to the last minute as always!) and it's been so long since I last used power point I've forgotten how to use a really crucial feature. How do you display the slide show on the projector output and show presenter tools/notes on your laptop?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Firstly, you need to make sure the display output is set to extended desktop. Once this is done and your projector is showing the extended desktop, on the menu bar go to 'slide show' and then 'set-up show'. In the box labelled 'multiple monitors' select 'display slide show' to monitor 2, then select the box below 'Show presenter view' and.... ta da!

HTH

ok, maybe the issue is with my laptop rather than my memory. I have an old PPC G4 iMac. When sifting though the help to find out how to configure multiple displays it says "open system preferences and click 'displays' then click 'arrange' and follow on-screen insructions" But there is no 'arrange' button to click. I can use multiple displays but only as mirros not as an extended desktop.

Any ideas?

I found this comment online:

Not every Mac supports multiple monitors. The Mac mini doesn't allow you to connect a second monitor, and the older iBook G4 only allows you to mirror displays (more on this in a minute). Creating a comprehensive list of Macs that support multiple monitors is beyond the scope of this article. However, you'll find a wealth of information on the Internet, and websites such as EveryMac can tell you whether your Mac supports more than one display.

Most Macs will work fine with multiple monitors. However, in some cases, you'll be able to connect more than one display to your Mac, but Mac OS X will only allow you to "mirror" the displays (that is, display one desktop on both monitors). Depending on your Mac, you might be able to hack Mac OS X with Screen Spanning Doctor. This software modifies your version of Mac OS X to work with multiple displays. (See this Macworld article for more information.) Note that using Screen Spanning Doctor can void your Mac's warranty.

Go here for the whole article.

I found this comment online:

Not every Mac supports multiple monitors. The Mac mini doesn't allow you to connect a second monitor, and the older iBook G4 only allows you to mirror displays (more on this in a minute). Creating a comprehensive list of Macs that support multiple monitors is beyond the scope of this article. However, you'll find a wealth of information on the Internet, and websites such as EveryMac can tell you whether your Mac supports more than one display.

Most Macs will work fine with multiple monitors. However, in some cases, you'll be able to connect more than one display to your Mac, but Mac OS X will only allow you to "mirror" the displays (that is, display one desktop on both monitors). Depending on your Mac, you might be able to hack Mac OS X with Screen Spanning Doctor. This software modifies your version of Mac OS X to work with multiple displays. (See this Macworld article for more information.) Note that using Screen Spanning Doctor can void your Mac's warranty.

Go here for the whole article.

That makes very interesting reading, I am looking into it right away!

Archived