beauty and the beast

johnnydarko

I need to create a rose that can drop its pettles on cue, I am not sure on how to do this I am helping a group called the Andover VIP's. A very small community group which has a small amount of money. They are looking at trying to make it or hire. The Technical Team is very knowledgeable and is willing to spend there own money to get the job done to a high standard. please helpo show is in July at the Lights in Andover

Johnny

There is member on here that is building one and has some pics I think the thread was something like show off your prop.

I helped a group that rented a radio controlled one for less than £100 last year I think we were also offered one for about £800 in the glass bell. You will be able to build it for £100 (just) but there is rental potential if it is executed well.

I need to create a rose that can drop its pettles on cue, I am not sure on how to do this I am helping a group called the Andover VIP's. A very small community group which has a small amount of money. They are looking at trying to make it or hire. The Technical Team is very knowledgeable and is willing to spend there own money to get the job done to a high standard. please helpo show is in July at the Lights in Andover

Johnny

when we did batb at our theater an I made a rose shaped ''plant'' that was controlled by a number of magnetic solenoids on a round disk which was then connected to a stem shaped steel rod the petals which were made out of red cloth in petal shapes with then spray mount to make them to go stif and rigid then we simply hot glued a paperclip and inserted them into the solenoid then the charge could then be cut on cue by the ASM via a bank of 6 switches in the wing and thus the rose petal would drop worked realy well I'll have to see if I can dig some pictures and plans out of the filing cabinet.

I'm lighting a production of BATB in June and I know the set and major props are coming from Border Studio, I can report back on their rose mechanism if you can wait that long.

Archived