home projector

trussmonkey

hi all hope someone can help,

im looking to buy a projector for my home cinema. what are your recommendations for the best one.

I'm looking to spend around £1000

cheers

tm

p.s any recommendations on av receivers . I want one that will take all my sources and spit them out to the projector down one line . so I don't have to run multiple cables

...but don't believe a word of the tosh written by gullible muppets on it about cables! Hugely expensive, oxygen free IEC leads WILL NOT change the sound of ANY system. Speaker cable, low level signal cable is also subject to huge amounts of "puff". If they say "XYZ cable gives you superior sonic transparency" you can bet your bottom $ that XYZ manufacturing is a current advertiser!

[/high horse]

Addendum;-

As my TV is broken (again), I've borrowed a Sony VPL-CX5 from work for the hols. (Ah the joys of education). You may have considered it, but these things are d@mned noisy. Think loud PC noisy. Also worth bearing in mind is the astronomic lamp replacement cost, in the region £300+

hi all hope someone can help,

im looking to buy a projector for my home cinema.  what are your recommendations for the best one.

I'm looking to spend around £1000

cheers

tm

p.s any recommendations on av receivers .  I want one that will take all my sources and spit them out to the projector down one line .  so I don't have to run multiple cables

The Hitachi PJ-TX100 is just within your budget but if you can stretch to either the Panasonic PT-AE700, Sanyo PLV-Z3 or - if abmient light is an issue - the Epson EMP-TW200H then you'll get a great value for money projector.

What are you looking to connect to the projector?

Ken Davies

Archived