Lighting Effect

DonkiDonki

I have had an enquiry for a background effect that can make an actor who is running on the spot (facing the audience) look like he is running on a sports track.

My initial thought is to have a video backdrop with footage shot from a rear facing camera which has been moved around a sports track; to achieve something similar to the stock footage often used behind a "car" when actors need to look like they are driving.

I also thought about projecting some kind of animation wheel on the floor to enhance the sensation of movement.

Is anyone aware of any stock footage or effects which would suit this purpose?

Cheers,

Richard

When I lit Me and my girl a few years ago I used some gobo rotators with leafy type breakups. I powered the rotators seperately from the latern so on the cue of movement wanted they started. It as poormans moving light I guess but not a bad effect

Thanks Nick, that's along the lines of what I am thinking of.

I would love to be able to use video as the backdrop but it would need to be from existing stock footage as there isn't the budget to shoot it professionally. (I guess we could try sending someone round a track with a camcorder but it would probably be too amateur to use)

Failing that, we could have a laugh and use some footage normally used for those "driving" scenes; can anyone point me in the direction of a source for that kind of thing?

To get a more 'professional' video shot, why not make your own ruff SteadyCam system? Ive seen some fairly decent home made ones, that give fairly smooth movement, possibly even having the camera man on say a golf buggy or similar small mobile platform, to aid in giving a smooth shot.

Worth a try if all else fails.

Archived