DJ Controller

johnhuson

Hi All,

I have a client who is looking for a new controller for their DJ setup, which includes some MAC 250 & 300's.

They are currently using a Martin 2510 controller but it's a playback unit and needs to be programmed using Light Jockey. They are looking for a controller which they can program easily on site.

Current shortlist is either the Zero 88 Diablo or the Martin Freekie, having never used either of these controllers I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with either of these.

Also open to suggestions for alternatives but they must be in the same sort of price range (around £500) and be fairly easy to use and program.

Thanks in advance.

Been reading the Martin website and the Freekie seems quite cool if you only want to control a limited number of fixtures, out of interest would you be able to control dimmers from the desk as well, I would have thought so as you just create a dimmer fixture profile or use a page of spare channels for one or two of the 12 fixtures pages as generic pages instead of fixture parameters but I just checking as I too am looking for a small cheap but decent moving light desk of my own (to own personally) so I don’t have large a large budget.

Scenemaster…

After some further research I have suggested the Zero 88 Diablo to the client. By the sounds of it this also seems like a better tool for you. One of the limitations of the Freekie is that it has a maximum fixture channel count of 12.

The Diablo has a number of features which the Freekie doesn't or has less, for example the Diablo has more fixtures with more channels. Will also control 18 channels of generics.

Have a look for yourself and see what you think:-

Zero 88 Diablo

Archived