Totem's LED juggling balls

WiLL

Can't speak for the Cirque act as I haven't seen it and have no intention of doing so.

Don't let your prejudices stop you from witnessing a well presented piece of theatre.

Note I did not say circus.

sorry mate, I've seen some of their earlier stuff, didn't particularly like it, not going to pay their prices to see other stuff I probably won't like. You can call that prejudice, I call it exercising my right to not waste my money...

I'm perfectly willing to accept that for plenty of other people it wouldn't be a waste of money, but they aren't for me.

Quite frankly, I find your description of my personal taste as "prejudice" more than a little offensive. Bad choice of words. I'm prepared to give most things a go, but reserve my right to dislike them having tried it...

And finally, while "badly presented" may well equate to "bad", "well presented" does not necesarily equate to "good". I've seen plenty of "well presented" crap in the 40 odd years I've been going to theatre, circus, dance, ballet, opera, whatever ....

Sorry Andy; no offense intended.

You can judge the content as anything you like, as you're last para notes, but "well presented" usually means "with a crew who know their stuff", and as such from the perspective of theatre craft folk, is technically interesting.

Just like Universal Studios, everyone who does theatre should see Cirque once (preferably at the Albert hall, not on the hard benches in the tent), because they do things differently to the run of the mill.

Sorry Andy; no offense intended.

You can judge the content as anything you like, as you're last para notes, but "well presented" usually means "with a crew who know their stuff", and as such from the perspective of theatre craft folk, is technically interesting.

Just like Universal Studios, everyone who does theatre should see Cirque once (preferably at the Albert hall, not on the hard benches in the tent), because they do things differently to the run of the mill.

sorry, cage well and truly rattled after spending too much time today on my least favourite form of transport, the Northern Line ... I much prefer to use the bus, but today's journey would just have taken far too long. So three hours of commuting there and back in a stuffy overcrowded disease-ridden metal tube guaranteed to put me in a bad mood ... probably should have taken a deep breath before posting...

Agreed, Cirque exhibits very high production values and has highly skilled performers, and I wouldn't want to suggest otherwise - I was interested enough in that side of it to attend one of their rigging seminars a couple of years ago, and learnt a lot. But perhaps counter-intuitively, for me at least, the gloss of the presentation goes some way to remove the sense of danger I feel is essential in this form of performance art (- see I'm not using the terms "theatre" or "circus" to avoid controversy!) :) Give me the slighty rough-edged Arkaos (but please God don't make me do the risk assessments) or De la Guarda (in the pre-refurbished Roundhouse) any day ... But Cirque certainly has a unique approach to the art, and if anyone gets the opportunity, they should be seen at least once.

E2A - of course I meant "Archaos" - the crazy French troupe of performers, and not "Arkaos" the popular VJ software....

...the Northern Line ...

Yeah, I remember that. Totally understood.

Though one day there was an unusual announcement: "Ladies and gentlemen, London Underground regrets to announce that all trains are running on time". Round of applause followed...

Archived