Seck 1882

andrewg112

Hi,

Im more of a lighting type person, so alot of sound equipment is past my expertise...

I was given a Seck 1822 Analogue desk quite a few years back. I just wondered what type of price it is worth (if anything) and whether I should sell it on!

It is in good condition, just a few grubby marks and the one or two slightly bent faders. It does not have any power supply, due to it being so odd, and it is not tested to see whether it works!

Cheers,

Andy

You can download it's manual from my website, address in signature below.

Seck was Soundcraft's cheap brand before they got into Spirit. If you like at a Spirit's live 16s power supply, it looks identical to the Seck one. theres even details in the manual on how to run it from car batteries....

Mine still gets a couple of outings a year...

My church bought a second hand Seck 122 mixer a number of years ago and if I remember correctly it cost £350.

Over the years I did a couple of mods to it but never let us down.

One thing I missed was that it lacked channel mute switches.

It was removed when a new desk was bought.

David

Yeah, mine's modded too!!! The stereo monitor mix intended for control room use I hacked to come out on output jacks, I re-purposed a couple of the alternative subgroup out jacks, so the desk can now do separate simultaneous stereo and mono foldback outs. I did it when the desk was new, to provide a stereo feed for pit band headphones, a long time before the IEM revolution!

Cheers,

Turns out its worth getting a power supply for it after all then!

As far as I know its not had anything done to it, but I could easily be wrong! Thanks David for the link, I have printed off a copy of the manual to keep with it.

The manual dosent specify how old these are? Any guesses?

Turns out its worth getting a power supply for it after all then!

Try and beg, borrow or steal one first. IF the desk hasn't been used in a while and if it hasn't been looked after many of the pots and faders could be borked. The quality was never that great when they were new let alone 20 years later.

Archived