Hilton Metropole Birmingham

johnhuson

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has a CAD drawing or plan which is to scale showing the unistrut tracks in the Kings Suite at the Hilton Metropole Birmingham.

Been trying to get some one out of the hotel as usual and once again they have failed!

Last show I did there the plans we'd been given were wrong... by quite a bit!

If you can't get hold of any my advice is take as much extra scaff and unistrut clamps as you can because you'll probably need them!

Try MCL NEC as they are in house there now I believe, if you do get a decent set please forward them on!

Regards

Tim

• 11 months later...
Dragging up an old thread here, and in hindsight it should probably be in Staging & Rigging so if the mods want to move it feel free. Anyway just wondered if in the last 12 months anyone had managed to gain this information?? Hotel are still unable to supply!

Hi john,

hope your well,

The last few times I've been up to the metropole we,ve used Trapeze to supply the rigging.

They may be able to point you in the right direction.

I also seem to remember there being some hanging points hidden in the chandeliers, enough for a small truss and a bunch of movers. As I'm relying on memory I don't want to be too precise.

hope this is some help

Cheers

Leo

Why not do what we did? - Go and measure it!

I drew up many of the plans of the Met for Trapeze, and although I have no commercial interest in the company any longer, I think you should be prepared to pay them a fee for the info!

The originals that many used were produced by Stage Techniques in the late 80's and gradually checked and improved by us at Trapeze over the 80's and 90's.

Ha, I didn't realise it was such a popular venue! I go there in January to help at a fitness conference. I remember that we ran out of the hook things they supply you with. As I recall, the unistrut went everywhere around the light fittings, in a kind of grid shape in one of the main rooms. In the Library suite there is none. We didn't need any plans as the "gaffa" has done the venue for a few years with same rig each time!

Archived