new speakers and amp, will they match ?

vinn-e

sorry im very new to all this and getting a bit confused

im getting the bose 802c controller, which will run into 2 amps, one amp controlling the left and right tops and one amp controlling the left and right subs, so I have no more outputs in the controller to go to another amp, so im realy lost and a bit slow on the uptake, keep at me and it will sink in eventually ** laughs out loud **

here is a diagramme of the 802c controller the unit and diagramme is at the bottom of the pdf

http://www.bosepahire.co.uk/manuals/802C-I_Manual.pdf

this is the 2 amps I am running 2 x 800W max. at 4 ohms (2 x 400W max. at 8 ohms)

http://media.hifi-tower.co.uk/images/L/10003027_3_connections_ibiza_amp.jpg

thanks..

You could just passively split the outputs from the amp, or use a distribution amplifier - perhaps even one giving balanced outputs if you're going to have long cable runs between your desk and amps. However, there's a more significant issue - once you've got a nice sounding system with your 802s and 302s, you can't really just pile any old speaker alongside them and expect the quality to remain - if you're going to get more 802s and 302s to match, you may be able to run them off the same amps - although someone with more experience of the 802s might want to comment about how they work in pairs / arrayed with multiple boxes. If you're looking to run a second set mismatching of amps and speakers split from the desk without the controller, it may not give the overall system sound that you're hoping for.

this is the 2 amps I am running 2 x 800W max. at 4 ohms (2 x 400W max. at 8 ohms)

The rms output values of the "Ibiza" amplifiers will be nowhere near the 800W max ratings quoted above. I would look in the first instance at budget amplifiers by QSC, Crown and Yamaha, where for one, rms values (and not max or peak values) are used.

Archived