New York New York

swax

Hello, can anyone recommend a good all round AV supplier in New York? Central or downtown if possible - Plasma screens/HD projectors/Control (Pref PIP) and Audio....?

Any ideas?? Looked on the web and there are loads but have no idea where to start..

Thanks in advance...

A few of our members may be able to help, but essentially most of us are UK based, or were - and are now ex-pats somewhere. I can't think off the top of my head of any NY based members, but a few could have passed through. Just don't expect huge amounts of replies to this one.

Paul

Hello, can anyone recommend a good all round AV supplier in New York? Central or downtown if possible - Plasma screens/HD projectors/Control (Pref PIP) and Audio....?

Any ideas?? Looked on the web and there are loads but have no idea where to start..

Thanks in advance...

Due to rents there are not many AV suppliers actually in Manhattan. It is easier to get in and out of the city from Secaucus, NJ then anywhere else, so many vendors have moved there. One that I know of that is still in Manhattan, at the corner of Canal and West St is New City Video. They are a full service vendor, and are located downtown. If you go to the show photos page of their site, the 3rd row down is a performance of Steve Reich's "The Cave" that I toured with in the '90s.

Another alternative is Scharff Weisberg, located in Secaucus, NJ. They are only 20min from midtown, and are probably the largest AV supplier in the northeastern US. They have full service audio, video, and lighting departments.

Mac

Archived