Transmitting audio via UHF

johndenim

Good idea, but those people often work office hours and are never around when needed - and a request in advance might simply generate a "No" response. Having seen some disco people (obviously this doesn't apply to John - who looks fetching in his dressing gown) you wouldn't really want to give them access to anything - even a 13A socket is asking for trouble.

Dressing gown Paul? :D

I think it's worth a mention that although I have gotten into discos and karaoke, I have trained as a live sound engineer.

Paul's right though, there are some proper numpties who have not got a clue.

I took me a while to get this hotel contract, (national chain) and I want to do as they have asked, even if the request requires me to seek advise from the many talented members of the blueroom. :up:

( I think I'm okay with a 13A socket......)

Sorry John - I really did think that was a dressing gown - obviously from the big pic, I'm stupid - but I'm glad David thought so too. I did think it a bit strange you'd pick that shot - but I figured it was part of one of your sets. Oops. Sincere apologies! Paul

Having done it with up to 4 receivers from a transmitter, I can confirm it works. We were using an G3 transmitter and the range is very good, even put in silly places (under stairs, behind vending machines, though people...)

The only issue you have is if the transmitter runs out of batteries, sound goes off everywhere and you've got a load of potentially angry people :P

The only issue you have is if the transmitter runs out of batteries, sound goes off everywhere and you've got a load of potentially angry people :P

That's why you use an IEM transmitter. :angry:

Yep, IEM transmitter used.

Used this on Friday and Saturday last.

Some drop out initially, but a bit of a play with transmitter position and results were great, even through walls and 400 people!

Corporate and Events manager was very happy indeed. :biggrin:

Thanks to all, especially Cedd.

Archived