3 to 4 lights on one fader?

andrewg112

Third possibiity is that the dimmers are hard-wired to sockets on bars with some element of pairing built in (this would be totally daft but not impossible).

It was exactly the system I inherited in the 1980's with a 1950's set up (still in operation till the 1990's).

Each circuit had a pair of sockets. It was sometimes a good thing and sometimes a nuisance.

Some of the bars were wired 123456123456

Some of the bars were wired 123456654321

These were wired to a patch panel.

I wondered if this was a possibility when I read the first post.

Working it out from scratch took a long time.

Good luck.

(Edit for SPaG.)

Andy - are the Sirius and dimmers directly connected by analogue cables or are they using DMX via a DeMUX? If analogue, then patching is a red herring as only DMX can be patched on the Sirius (and only if you have the DMX board fitted which sounds unlikely if this is an ancient installation).

This is a very good point, my factory reset suggestion is probably irrelevant. I'll get me coat.

Just to add to Ynot's post, and so that you know what you are looking for, a Grelco is a 15A round pin two way adaptor. There are a few different types around, but the most common one looks like this:

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/grelco.jpg

Hopefully they don't look exactly like these, which are Snapper 2's and have been recalled from circulation for being potentially dangerous :)

Archived