Children in Need

DSA

Of the Post Production dubbing suites in London, if I remember correctly only one (maybe two) of them have surround capablitly in them with the idea of mastering for DVDs.

Theatre 3 is configured for surround mixing and theatre 4 has surround monitoring only. In our Bristol facility both of the new dubbing theatres based arround AMS MMC desks have full surround mixing facilities.

James

I've no problem at all with the systems - my complaint is that pretty well every modern tv is supplied with loads of loudspeakers, which work fine on most programmes - it's just that whatever they do on 'live' CIN type programmes is different to everything else they output. I don't think it unreasonable that they monitor the result that thousands of viewers will actually be hearing. I bet there are is decent percentage of people who don't even know how to switch off their stereo/surround sound processing - Nicam, surround, dolby pro-logic - whatever!

I was backstage at the McFly gig in Hull, it was bad when the lead mic wasn't working (for whatever reason, but as it was live there wern't much they could do about it! (live tv???? fun eh?) If ya wanna see the pics I took head over to: BBC Humber CIN pics

None of them of any technical interest, but worth alook if ya bored!

In some ways I was very annoyed at missing the usual bbc one output, but it was fun freezing backstage!

Kris

Archived