Ebay Fraud?

Edlight

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THERE IS CURRENTLY SOMEONE ON E BAY SELLING HIGH END STUDIO COLOURS BASED IN LONDON

DO NOT BID ON THESE ITEMS.

WE RECENTLY LOST £1500 ON THESE ITEMS AS THE SELLER ASKS YOU TO DO A WESTERN MONEY TRANSFER AND THEN DISSAPEARS GIVING A FAKE ADDRESS.

THE NAME USED BY THE SELLER WAS ANDRE PASCAL, USING AN ADDRESS OF 13 CHESTNUT CLOSE, OAKWOOD, LONDON.

IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFO ON WHO YOU THINK THIS MAY BE OR YOU HAVE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM LET ME KNOW.

MY ADVISE IS BID AND ONLY PAY ON COLLECTION OR DELIVERY.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally agree, I was also bidding on these items, but was getting some incredibly suspicious reactions from questions I asked the seller, such as whether I would be able to view the items, or use an escrow. The user ID and email address the seller uses are always brand new, (I.e created a couple of days before the listing) and as a result have no feedback. This should also cause alarm bells.

Just to say, has the item been removed - as I can't seem to find it...!

...Not that I was planning on placing a bid of course! (just out of interest)

Perhaps they have listed it in a silly place too....

Thanks,

David

Sorry to hear about your experiences, Ed - but it's well-known among the Ebay community that sellers of expensive electronic/electrical equipment who insist on Western Union transfers are, in all probability, highly dodgy and shouldn't be touched.

Presumably you've alerted Ebay and PC Plod to your dilemma? What did they say? Have you checked out the electoral register to see whether anyone of that name is actually registered at the address that they gave? And surely you got a telephone number for him?

Avoid paying by Western Union at all, its irreversible and untraceable.

Avoid zero feedback sellers with expensive items.

Never buy or sell to anyone in Indonesia.

Be careful of Escrow services you`ve never heard of, escrow.com has been around for years a lot of variants have been around for days. Do a whois? quey on

www.samspade.org

on the escrow company web address, see when it was first registered. Copy web address , paste into `Do Stuff` box on samspade.

Do not belive claims that TNT/DHL/ anuvver big courier is operating some sort of escrow, along lines on TNT will let you know when they have item and you pay by WU afterwards. They are courier companies not escrow companies but some of the more sophisticated scams put up very convincing fake pages with web addresses that look almost right.

Do not rely on PayPal to bail you out either, pay by credit card via PP if you have to , you can always charge it back to your credit card company and let them and PP sort it out.

Expensive lighting equipment seems to be new laptop for scams, seen at least 2 Whole Hog`s of very dubious origin up within recent times.

Hog2 photos ripped off from genuine U.S. vendors site, right click on auction photies look at properties where are they hosted?

Seller in Indo , Hog in U.K. after questioning had 10 universes , coffee nozzle and donut warmer, missing its ice crusher obviously...

Ask some technical questions, scammers no ferk all about lighting they just know its desirable and expensive.

Factor in costs of cash and carry,if its expensive , its probably worth going and collecting.

If you spot a scam do everyone a favour like Edlight and tell everyone about it.

Police are currently investigating the incident and are using the address and phone number and e mail address to try and track him down, there are currently some studio colours on E Bay, the seller is again asking for a western money transfer, PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THIS ITEM, YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.

Archived