Electrelet Mic powering

Showcomms

Does anybody know where I can source a little device to power an electrelet mic on a headset?

I have some nice l/w headsets I would like to use on some intercom panels and beltpacks but the units in question do not supply any volts for the mic capsule.

Ideally I am wold like to buy something off the shelf that could plug into a XLR 4or 5 pin on the panel and then plug the headset in. It has to be small and light.

Maybe someone has designed a little gizmo to fit in an XLR already.

Any pointer & ideas much appreciated.

Thank you all.

Bruce

Hi Bruce

have you poked around the Canford website? They have a number of different solutions including the Radio Design Labs modules (the ST-MPA2) for phantom powering and some in-line 'bodge plug' devices.

Are the mics phantom powered ie they sort out their own power from the two balanced audio lines or do they have a seperate power lead?

Brian (ex-molinare)

Hi Brian

Is that ex Molinare Maintenance.

I just need something to provide the bias for a electrelet capsule. As somebody wears the headset (which is plugged into a beltpack with an XLR4M) it needs to be small and battery powered. Can it be done in a modifed XLR plug? Has anyone ever done it orseen someone who has?

Archived