Gobos

Kingstech

I understand that the larger the size the more detail that can go on to it.

Sorry if I sound like im repeating myself or havent looked in the posts, but can you get gradual fills on a movers gobo. It wouldnt be coloured, it would be greyscale. but I do understand detail will be lost. the selcon seems a good idea except we kinda wanted the image to be placed around the room, as it would be used during the finale, interval and beginning and end...

Sorry..

but can you get gradual fills on a movers gobo. It wouldnt be coloured, it would be greyscale.

Yes. Apollo, Goboland and Rosco will all do this for you from supplied artwork. Just giving them the Grease image may not work, not lest because of copyright issues. They charge by the hour for artwork re-touching as well.

Projecting the gobo onto surface not perpendicular with the source will create some possibly undesireable keystoneing and distortions of the image.

e2a: Does anyone else feel that this thread is like pulling teeth, only less fun?

can get a gradual fill from black to clear on a glass gobo?

Greyscale? Sure.

So its definatly possible?

yes, perfectly possible

Is there a way just to get a cheapish greyscale image printed on to a movers gobo

Yes, by getting a custom gobo made. As has already been stated

can you get gradual fills on a movers gobo

Yes

You're still not quite convinced, are you?

GET THE GOBO MADE FOR THE FIXTURE YOU USE WITH THE IMAGE YOU WANT AND IT'LL WORK HOW YOU WANTED IT TO.

Greyscale, black and white, spot colour, full colour.

Big small, tiny weeny, Mahusive.

YOU WANT IT YOU GOT IT

GET THE GOBO MADE FOR THE FIXTURE YOU USE WITH THE IMAGE YOU WANT AND IT'LL WORK HOW YOU WANTED IT TO.

Yes, yes, ummmm...No. It could well not do what he wants it to do, as explained above.

Also, please stop shouting. I'm hungover.

Archived