Animals on Stage

We have an Am Dram company in this week... it gets worse! They're doing Annie plus dog. Can anyone remind me of the rules pertaining to having an animal on stage? Cos I can't remeber them and spent the tech rehearsal baby-sitting the thing!!! Thanks in advance.

animals on stage.......hmmmmmm?

dont have a clue about the regulations regarding animals, however, I once had an angry reindeer go charging over the stage to "chat" to a lady in the front row!!!! :rolleyes:

Tomarrow tamorrow....

Yes been there had the dog in Annie problem. I found out that I had to apply to the entertainment licensing office for permission to use an animal onstage.

Not much hassle you had to prove that there were suitable facilities for the dog when not onstage - walked outside the theatre and drinking water for it as well.

The biggest problem was the dog rider - star dressing room with a large bowl of bonio's to be backstage with the red ones removed.

Arf arf and indeed arf

:rolleyes:

Guest Stuart B

Is there a standard approach? I thought it was left to the locality to decide. One of the few joys of working for a municipal thing in an area with a few lefties left is the old "No performing animals within the Borough" byelaw. "Sorry, guv, its out of my hands..."

Before the byelaw we had the old donkeys once. Job of sweeping up after then went to the crew member who laughed loudest when they, erm, "reviewed the production," shall we say.

Archived