Pricing a "drama kit"

c.cam108

Hi all

I'm looking for a bit of advice on selling some kit our church has lying around.

A couple of years ago we inherited a "drama pack" of lighting from a primary school. The equipment is all "as new" in excellent condition. We have the following:

Two sets of the following:

- 1 Doughty Nightclub 2 section stand

- 2 Selecon Acclaim fresnel

- 1 Selecon Acclaim profile spot

- 1 Pulsar 3 channel analogue dimmer pack

Also control cables and a Pulsar 6 channel analogue desk.

All of this is in two tough plastic&metal cases which house the lights/dimmers and a long fabric bag for the stands.

Pricing the kit up new it seems to come to well over £2000. Would I get the best return selling this as a kit or individual items?

What kinda price should I hope for.

Thanks and sorry if this looks like an advert! I'm genuinely asking how to get the most for our church from this kit.

Colin C

You might want to check out the pricing - thought it seemed a lot, have just priced out main kit excluding the cases at just over £1k new fro Stage Electrics website, no discounts etc

Have a look at Usedlighting.co.uk to give you some idea of second hand kit prices.

Have a look at Usedlighting.co.uk to give you some idea of second hand kit prices.

Most of the items have been listed on eBay recently, this will give you a range of prices fetched, just be sure to set a realistic starting price / reserve if you want to achive a particular figure.

That's odd, I priced it up from Stage Electrics at around £2200...

Total 4 fresnels at £160 ea. = £640

Total 2 profiles at £273 ea. = £546

Total 2 dimmer packs at £165 ea. = £330

Total 1 desk at £125

Total 1 interconnect cable at £15.85

Total 2 stands at £100.97 ea. = £201.94

Total 2 T bars at £11.05 ea. = £22.10

Total £1880.89 + VAT = £2210.05

Plus cases, gels, safetys etc.

I'll have a look on Used Lighting and eBay at used prices.

If you sell on eBay, I expect you would get more if you sell them individually (or in pairs), although it does involve more effort. You'll reach a wider audience if you offer carriage. List them at the same time, though, so that people who want more than one item can combine carriage.

From my observations, you might expect:

Fresnel: £60-£80

Profile: £60-£100

MiniPack: £20-£50

6-way desk: £20-£40

stand: £20-£40

For shipping quotes it's worth looking at Parcel2go.com, if you box them up a sample pair, weigh and measure them, it'll give you the cost for postage. You could always advertise them in the Blue Room classifieds as well once you had settled on a price.

Archived