Showtec Multidim

Mush

Price has ever so slightly gone up in the last couple of days - got mine for £65 each the other day...

Not bad little units, dimmer curve isn't great but hey for little rock 'n roll rigs they do the trick nicely.

Stu

Price has ever so slightly gone up in the last couple of days - got mine for £65 each the other day...

Not bad little units, dimmer curve isn't great but hey for little rock 'n roll rigs they do the trick nicely.

Stu

Priced at €99 in native currency which is what you get billed in, and credit card company carry conversion out at their best rate. The £ price is there as a guide.

Distributed dimming for the impovershished.

Good that they now have them as stock rather than having to wait till Showtec run out of skins before shipping product ;-)

Well......Are you trying to suggest that Highlite are a little "Slow" when it comes to despatch ?

I thought it was just me that had a string of missed delivery dates & broken promises. I think the trick might be to get you order thru early in the morning before they go to the cafe for a shmoke.

Mazz

Not had any real problems with Thomann (only one is some ceeforms turning up 3months late!), my last order came within 4 working days from Germany to the UK which you cannot beat in my opinion.

Stu

I have made a number of orders over the last three years from Thomann and have had 3 problems,

1) New year 2002 they couldn't interpret our english address well enough to give to the UK courier, who said the building didn't exist.

2) Ordered and paid by Visa rather than bank transfer, specified delivery address (project location) and invoice address (my address) they didn't say anything at the order point, All I got was an email at dispach saying "We can't deliver to any address other than a card address when you pay by Visa," (Which I was OK with) "So we have sent it to the last address we have on file that you sent goods too" (Which I was not OK with, as that was the address for a previous specific project) not only that the order came in 4 boxes on 4 days.

3) September 2004 they gave my address to parcel force who were the UK courier, They tried to deliver once, failed as I was out, left no card to say so and sent everything back to Germany undeliverable.

• 1 month later...
Good that they now have them as stock rather than having to wait till Showtec run out of skins before shipping product ;-)

If only! My order placed with Thomann at the start of Dec apparently isn't going to deliver on the MultiDims until late Jan!

Mind you, they're bizarre. I'd ordered 6 DTS spots and received 2, being told that the remaining 4 would be with Thomann on 17 Dec (the date of the show I'm after them for), but they ended up appearing with me earlier this week 7 Dec!

The MultiDims were the disappointment in that they were only meant to be a couple of days behind everything else, until Thomann finally admitted yesterday that they'll not be here before Jan. At least I wasn't relying on these ones.

It was my first deal with Thomann. £15 seems a lot for shipping, but not on a £1,500 order I guess - and impressed at just how much weight and how many boxes that covered! As the transaction was (reasonably) high value they wanted a scan of my CC and statement which felt a bit dodgy, but hasn't gone bad (yet!). DHL were a pain as they tried to deliver at home and wouldn't redirect to work without the sender's instruction, which Thomann refuse to give. But the guy at the DHL depot gave me their number and is fine about friendly redirection (which the call centre will never do).

And, as for the savings, just at the high level for 6 x DTS spots, SceneSetter 48, 8 x MultiPars, plus lamps, Thomann worked out at £1,398 compared with Terralec's £1,775 - quite a saving.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, ltns (been busy with other projects)

Looking at said multidim now, and sure a google on the matter stumbled across a thread on here which said you can set channels to be switch or dim. Unable to find a manual for the unit online, can someone confirm this please (main thing I want it for is a set of mirrorballs and PAR36s, which cos I'm getting some moving heads (£249ea, funky revolution daddy-os) in the next couple of weeks I'll need a DMX controller to do it properly therefore may as well stick the mirrorball setup on desk control (you don't want it on all night for a 70's disco, just for anthems or soppy songs etc).

Cheers, Dave

Highlite UK are based in Calne and operate as OVERT.

I have never had any problems in fact the opposite great service.

If not in stock in the UK then they get details and delivery direct from Holland and delivery to the UK is the following week

I have just received a mail shot and they have now set up a service centre in the UK for DAP (audio) and Showtec (lights)

Showtec have always delivered within 7-10 days to Perth W. Australia, frequently faster than I get from Sydney or Melbourne, if they are out of stock they inform me and their delivery dates are usually spot on.I wish we had local companies who were as good, after years of being a dealer for Strand, Selecon and many other companies who treat me like a mushroom I have been surprised at the service they give to an insignificant, distant, dealer. I'm not backward in pointing out any perceived problems with any of their gear and they actually respond, something which never happened with Strand or others so when I read some criticism I suspect that it could be a case of "passing the buck" by the suppliers.Sorry if this sounds like an ad but I would like to say how good they are to do business with.

Earlier version, think , Multidims I have don`t have switch curve on them but will happily drive pinspots and MB motors, though might have to put ghost load on MB motor or same channel as pinspot. As long as channel is full or off shouldn`t be a problem.

Had multidims in use for 18 months +, installed not mobile, dimming various LV loads 8 hours day, been trouble free. Recommend them still.

Archived