Lantern symbols for Microsoft Publisher.

MrBoomal

Since publisher is not a "industry standard" tool, you may find you need to use images, eg by cutting up something like this with the crop tool.

Also, I personally find that the ruler precision of publisher is not really high enough for any accurate of fine-detail design.

A couple of years ago, Johnathan Rainsforth created a whole load of symbols in .gif format with transparent backgrounds. Unfortunately his website seems to have gone AWOL. I'll have a search and see if I can find them.

Sorry, but JRLXSYMBOLS1.zip is the only one I can find.

Edited to add link.

• 3 months later...
Apologies if this isn't helpful enough to justify zombiefying this thread a little, but if you're set on using software like Publisher, OpenOffice.org can be adapted using this guide and these symbols to make a passable lighting plot system. You're probably better with LXFree though - the Java version runs fairly smoothly.

Hi Malcom,

I did indeed do a lot of .gif fixtures but problems started coming to light (no pun intended) when scaling became a must when working with very large plots, I then turned to my trusted friend VectorWorks which I have now created a heap of symbols in that format. The ones which Boatman posted where mearly ones to be used in things like word when only the plans I drew were lighting and nothing else which meant it did not have to be scaled. Im sorry I could not be of anymore help.

If anyone would like a copy of my symbols for VectorWorks, please do ask, I have attached a PDF of all my symbols I have created, bear in mind, I create them as I need them so not everyone will be in their and If VW has them in it's library, it wont be on this file.

DOWNLOAD

Archived