Lift

sam.henderson

Hiya all,

Rite have found a few topics after some searching around covering some points but I still have some unanswered questions and little idea what to do about this.

What I want is a lift effect through a trap door. I want the person to be crouching below the raised stage and then for him/her to be raised up to the level of the raised stage (1m) and then carry on for about 300mm after.

This does have to be done on a fairly tight budget but it isn't non-existent, we can afford to hire/ buy some kit if needed (cant say exactly how much £££ is at disposal atm)

The design team were kicking some ideas about using an inflatable car jack used to jack up lorries at one point however they don't jack the lorry (or whatever) up to anywhere near 1.3m so we decided it couldn't be done. Is there anyway around that.

I would prefer not to do some sort of rope system to haul the thing out of the ground as in a studio space/ environment I should imagine the lines would not be that astheticly(sp??) pleasing

As I feel what I have said may make no scense at all I have attahced a diagaram for general ammusment/ use! ** laughs out loud **

Thanks,

Sam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/samhenderson/stagelift-sah.jpg

If the budget is tight you probably can't do it. To be frank if you can't afford to get somebody in, don't do it. Car jacks are designed to lift cars not people, so I wouldn't go down that route. It sounds to me like someone thinks the magic pixies will make it happen, time for some straight talking me thinks.

Hire a Scissor Lift, or a form of powered access from HSS, Aplant, Nationwide Access etc. They do have types where the safety rails can be removed (to enable them to fit through a doorway...) and with a little alteration they can have the raise/lower sounder disconnected, at around 200 quid a week they aint cheap, but are designed to be used for people, and can be operated from the base. Just done the above to a point myself recently...

The 'normal' way to do it seems to be to use a system of wire ropes and counterweights anchored to the bottom of the section of platform and to a frame just below stage level. it does however take a fair bit of prior knowledge to be able to knock up a system that doesn't fall apart so I wouldn't suggest going down the DIY route.

hi

I carnt rember wher ive seen (maby viking direct or some othe roffice supplyer)

but whoever it it they sell a 1x1m sizzor platform that stored is 30cm high then at fullextent 2m , it is hand cranked (I think) but with a bit of thought you could add a mota of some sorts.

this will probley do you

henny

• 2 weeks later...
hi

I carnt rember wher ive seen (maby viking direct or some othe roffice supplyer)

<SNIP>

henny

henry that sounds ideal however I cant find it on viking.

<SNIP>

Sam

Henny, this site has a spell check button. Why not use it?

Sam, it's Henny, in this one case, not a typo. His dyslexia has been a challenge to other users elsewhere!! :o

Archived