Availability of socapex signal

swampman

For some of the more quaint (read: antique!) equipment in stock: I have been trying to locate and buy one (!) male 37pin round pattern chassis socket....

After trawling the net and BR for a couple of hours, I think it is time to turn to brain power and not bit power...

The reference I have is SL(E?)M337P - recognizable by anybody over 30!

I would be buying more but we salvaged some from old kit and now need just one. Most sites have the linear pin distribution layout for audio but not the round.

Have you tried the usual suspects - AC lighting, Stage Electrics, etc. They may not list them but may be able to source them.

recognizable by anybody over 30
oh the joys of making large analogue control cables :)

Have you tried the usual suspects - AC lighting, Stage Electrics, etc. They may not list them but may be able to source them.

recognizable by anybody over 30
oh the joys of making large analogue control cables :)

The UK is having a FIesta today, but last time I mentioned it - there was a "breath of impossibility"

The other joys were(/are) fault finding: flashy channels, joined channels and the lost ground reference which is equivalent to a cut or faulty DMX cable doing all sorts of weird things :blink: .

Thanks to all - contacted Socapex in France yesterday and they redirected me to AClighting. I have an order going through them at the moment for other things - but they must be a bit tied up preparing for Plasa since export things seem to move at a the rate of the governmental bureaucracy in the Summer (take note!) and they had been asked about the part some time ago...

Dear Swampman,

We at "A.C.", as a major stock holder of Amphenol Socapex products, hold in stock over 160 different lines of their connectors amongst the 14,000 other product lines we stock covering lighting, audio, video and rigging.

The code you have written shows you are searching for the following:-

- Socapex SL EM 337P 37-Pin Male Chassis Connector without Locking Ring

As a supplier to over 80 countries around the world we pride ourselves on prompt service. It does not matter if we have PLASA (or any other exhibition for that matter) we still offer the same service.

If you have a problem with our service please contact me off forum because we should be able to ship to Spain for next day delivery after receiving your order. Incidently if you prefer to converse in Spanish I have two colleagues who are fluent.

Kind regards,

Cally Bacchus

International Sales Director

A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.

cally.bacchus@ac-et.com

Divisions: A.C. Lighting - A.C. Audio - A.C. Video - A.C. Rigging

Quick answer Cally: part was not listed in your Socapex price list and it was not apparent that you are main distributor of that make. You had the part available "on the shelf" - incident sorted, episode closed.

Alternative: D-connectors were not suitable as it would imply many many modifications and they do not kindly to hard work and repeated (dis/)connections.

Archived