Portable Systems - Suggestions?

Ali2580

Hi all,

Needing some help with the following -

Been approached by a local musical society to suggest lighting for a show coming up in September. It is a cabaret style show and will take place within a small hall (unsure of dimensions but consider sizes of scout halls and the like) that has no stage and is a bare hall. They were given a grant for the lighting however just now I'm unsure how much that is so will get back to that when I know. Since it is a small hall I was thinking of going down the line of portable lighting systems as the hall only has 13amp sockets placed around it as well.

Is this the right route and if so, does anyone have any suggestions on systems and/or companies that we could purchase these from?

I have considered going down the hire route and will speak to our local hire company to see if they can help but the society would prefer to purchase for future events too.

Any help and advice is appreciated.

2 tripod stands each with a tee-bar and 4 x 650W fresnels controlled by an Alphapack 2.

Don't even think about LEDs - the colour rendering on cheaper units is not up to it.

[EDIT]

Various suppliers have such packages; they tend to be called 'Drama Packs' - as an example.

Archived