best place for IPAF Training London

Because I'm just a lighting casual my venue will not help cover the cost of the an IPAF. But I need the IPAF so can use the Genie Scissor Lift. As most of the time they have to find someone with the training.

Anyway I just want to know where's the best and cheapest place in London to do the training?

If they need you to have it, they can pay for it.

If you want it personally, then you pay for it.

If you want it personally but they will make use of your training, then maybe come to some arrangement (maybe 50/50 on course fee, or a supplementary rate when you're being a lift operator).

Most places that hire them out will run training sessions, if you get a few mates together they'll run a session, if not you may have to wait til their waiting list has the sufficient number of people on it to financially justify running the course, which will mean sharing the course with builders and electricians and plumbers etc.

I personally done mine with HSS, which was done in North Acton at the time. Very good experience really, friendly trainers, quite a personal/intimate course so you get a chance to ask more questions etc, and they provided a nice lunch as well :** laughs out loud **: but other than that there's also facelift, who run the courses, pretty much same price.

Did mine with AFI Uplift. Very friendly, cost [pause while I find the paperwork] £180 for a two categories. £250 for three. A variety of centres were available, but ours was near(ish) Heathrow. Half decent lunch as well, all inc.

Archived