Robe projectors using a pearl

Jerome

Hi guys,

I've recently come to a venue where they have Robe Dt3000's and they have been set up on the wheel so that they project stars! Now, for a rock venue I think this is a bit camp. I know how to get into the lights and change the gobo/ internal video, I just don't know how to update the existing pallette on the wheel to a different internal video so it's no longer stars.

Any help would be appreciated. I go up in like 2 n half hours.

Thanks much.

Jerome

thanks for the reply, but I already have the manual. It's more of a problem I have within the pearl. I'm using an expert running titan software. I've programmed a state into one of the masters on the wheel and it has stars as a gobo. I know how to change the gobo but I'm unsure as to how to update the state programmed into the wheel with a new gobo. I've looked right through the desk and I'm stumped.

Cheers

JD

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought that when you updated a pallette it was automatically updated in any playbacks that may have been stored.

Jon

Can you explain what you mean by 'programmed onto the wheel'? The wheels are not programmable other than by editing personality files.

/edit: Perhaps you mean 'rollers'? To update cues directly you simply merge on top of existing or, as said above, if the cues were built from palettes then replace/merge into the relevant palette to update all associated cues.

Can you explain what you mean by 'programmed onto the wheel'? The wheels are not programmable other than by editing personality files.

/edit: Perhaps you mean 'rollers'? To update cues directly you simply merge on top of existing or, as said above, if the cues were built from palettes then replace/merge into the relevant palette to update all associated cues.

Sorry, I did mean rollers :D . I shall try the merge function on thursday. I'm new to the desk, like 4 days new to it, hence me getting confused as to the names of things, but I love it. I have seen the option to merge but I didn't explore it.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for the confusion.

Cheers

JD

Just to expand on merge:

There is a user setting to define whether it prompts for merge/replace or always merge. If set to prompt then the shortcut to merge is to select the memory again (ie. double-tap).

When merging cues I recommend you use record by channel mode.

When merging palettes make sure mask and record mode are correct. It may be easiest to use mask=include all and 'mixed' record mode.

To remove attributes from memories use the OFF function and then merge.

If you need to merge a number of cues or palettes at once then latch the record cue/palette menu first (ML key). This can be particularly useful if you need to add or remove something from all steps of a chase - unfold the chase, hit Memory, latch and then double tap all of the playback masters. Just remember to exit any menus you have latched. Sometimes it's a good idea to unlatch before you exit so you don't get caught out later.

Archived