Movers and Lamps

kalmatthew

With Moving lights and other discharge soureces do you change the lamp when it blows, or on the number of lamo hours it does.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. With Moving lights and other discharge soureces do you change the lamp when it blows, or on the number of lamo hours it does.

• When it "blows"
    • When the lamp had done its hours

But in my experience it would seem that most hire companies use the fixtures until the lamp goes and then complain at you for using the spare.

Not sure who your regular hire company is, but ourselves or any of the hire companies I know don't work in this way. It's a false economy!

The only time we have a problem with hirers using the spare lamp, is if they don't return the blow ones. This is a standard thing which all hire companies do.

I've had a mover fail above the dance floor. This was before I joined the venue. They had an instalation company install the movers above the dance floor and forgot about them until one day one went bang and hot bits of shattered dichroic reflector, lamp, primary lens scattered onto the dance floor half an hor before doors.

The mess was still on the repair bench when I joined and still there when I left as the replacement cost of the shattered optics was uneconomical.

James

Archived