www.usedlighting.co.uk

Rob

Hi Rob.

Once you've got onto the Homepage, the online catalogue works for me. The right frame then throws up a load of coding (possibly because I'm Opera) but then all the left hand links work AOK for me.

Perhaps try a forced refresh? (CTRL + F5 I believe)

Stu

I click on the 2nd of the grey boxes on the index page marked as 'Lighting Sales: Online Catalogue"

Again perhaps try a forced refresh on the home page???

Hope this helps!

Stu

Can't say for the pricing of items on the site on question. What I can say though is that the service from these guys is superb. I've used them for items several times such as the parcans they currently have on E-bay - £25 with bulb. They even notified me when they thought there might be a problem with the ones I purchased.

Paul

Some of it is very good, and some of it isn't quite so good, but that really is the nature of all of these sorts of things... Again I agree with Paul's post above, they really do offer excellent service. I bought some of the Pars, which were sent to me direct from the original source, and a result had some minor issues with them.

Couple of days later, up turned some 16A Ceeforms and Ceramics to sort out the problem.

I think I might have been the cause of the e-mail sent out, as I managed to blow up a FFS lamp which had been sent by mistake. A new, correct one is on it's way to me.

Superb!

Stu

To be honest everything looks very tatty...apart from the the wing nut spanner!

You must be vary wary when purchasing second hand electrical items. One of the best sources of second hand good is from AC Lighting. They check everything that goes through the door.

Note from moderators : please be aware that this member works for AC Lighting, therefore the above recommendation can hardly be seen as being unbiased! Jim Bob, please see the Blue Room's terms & conditions with regard to our policy on advertising in the forum. Advertising of this nature is not welcome here.

You must be vary wary when purchasing second hand electrical items. One of the best sources of second hand good is from AC Lighting. They check everything that goes through the door.

And who might you work for ;)

I'm not certain, but I think they started off selling kit on e-bay. I bought a few bits back then from iain dennis. all the stuff was in very good condition and he was a good bloke - never met him, but the ebay history is good.

some of it is tatty - shows in the pictures, but most importantly the price.

I think it's very unfair of one dealers rep to dis someone elses kit. after all, he didn't mention it on blue room himself.

paul

Must put jim bob in touch with neil, a friend of ours! they'd get on well.

Note from moderators : please be aware that this member works for AC Lighting, therefore the above recommendation can hardly be seen as being unbiased! Jim Bob, please see the Blue Room's terms & conditions with regard to our policy on advertising in the forum. Advertising of this nature is not welcome here.

The views of Jim Bob on this forum are not the views of AC Lighting Ltd.

The posting was a personal posting as a member under his own name who merely recorded the fact that he works for us in his profile.

A. C. Lighting obviously can not accept liability for any personal statements which are made by its staff on forums such as this.

I have to be honest I agree with Ian on this one, You guys ask the questions generally, and if somebody from a well known company jumps on and says somthing, don't complain, he's giving you a good piece of advise, its not like a particular brand was being mentioned if this was the case half the posts on this forum should be sensored, I understand your terms and conditions but sometimes I believe it goes a bit far and some of the moderators seem to be a bit trigger happy. It also seems to depend on who you are as to what you say.

Having SPENT two years at AC, and I will emphasise that I AM NOW WRITING THIS COMPLETELY INDEPENDANTLY I AM NO LONGER EMPLOYED BY AC LIGHTING LTD, I can vouch that AC do indeed check everything that goes through the door before it is resold and it is good stuff.

I also see no mention of AC lighting on Jim Bobs signature,(or indeed any signature) that states he is anything to do with the afore mentioned company. YOU (the organisation) ask in the members profile where people work so he told you, if people choose to look at the profile of every post that goes up then thats their issue, however its not exactly in your face advertising.

If I looked at every members profile I would have to disregard 90% of posts reason being for example alot of people who are not old enough to drink are discussing three phase installation, which scares the hell out of me.

Don't take this the wrong way but I feel it has to be said and it is an open forum.

Respectfully

Andy.

PS How's it going Jim.

Archived