Mac 500 with Abstract 64 controller

v6emw

Hi

I have 2 Mac 500s, many VR8s and 2 abstract 64 channel controllers (one on it's last legs!). I have been told that I can use my current controller to work the Mac 500s until I can get a proper controller.

Can anyone help, I really cannot get them to work together. and I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Thanks

Edd

if I remember correctly, Abstract use reverse polarity for their DMX, so you will need an adaptor that swaps pins 2 & 3 over for each Abstract-Mac / Mac-Abstract link. that should fix the problem

if I remember correctly, Abstract use reverse polarity for their DMX, so you will need an adaptor that swaps pins 2 & 3 over for each Abstract-Mac / Mac-Abstract link. that should fix the problem

Thanks, I'll wire something up tomorrow and have a go.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

When you say "not working together" are you meaning they are not receiving any DMX or just the controls dont match up? (ie colour on controller not controlling colour wheel in MAC?)

Absolutely nothing is happening. Gonna try swapping the pins between M & A units. Am I right is saying that I have to set up the head on the abstract controller as a 4channel light?

If this is a Club64 controller, yes you'll need to 'name' the Martin as a 4-channel effect. Can the MAC be used in 4-channel mode?

The Club64 is really meant for Abstract effects, with minimum support for generics of up to 4 DMX channels per fixture.

Archived