Moving light alternatives.

BritishHero

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I don't think Richard would be happy using cheap movers for any show!

There's a hire company round here that offers Acme Movers at the same rate that 10 Out of 10 and RML offer Martin Mac's. I know which I would rather use, even it does cost me a bit more for delivery.

There's a hire company round here that offers Acme Movers at the same rate that 10 Out of 10 and RML offer Martin Mac's. I know which I would rather use, even it does cost me a bit more for delivery.
Sorry - could you perhaps clarify that statement for us please?

Are you saying that you feel these Acme movers are better than Martin gear, thus would choose them over a set of Macs, or are you saying that you're amazed that a company is expecting to get the same hire fee for an Acme as someone else can for a Mac...?

Sorry - could you perhaps clarify that statement for us please?

Are you saying that you feel these Acme movers are better than Martin gear, thus would choose them over a set of Macs, or are you saying that you're amazed that a company is expecting to get the same hire fee for an Acme as someone else can for a Mac...?

No, sorry I completely meant it the other way round, where I would prefer to us a Brand like Martin, which is trusted in the industry over a brand like Acme, which to be frank I had never heard of until last year, and their products are like £1k to £2k cheaper than buying a brand new Mac, that shows to me that the Marting or any other brand (Robe, Vari-Light,...) is of a better build quality than Acme.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Archived