Scroller Again

Silverfox

Hi

We are using a Zero 88 Bull Frog desk working with - amongst other fixtures - IQ colour scrollers fitted with rotory switches - they seem to work fine however one of our technicians has said that there is an issue with using this configuration and in one theatre he worked it seriously damaged the rig because a warning was ignored. I cannot find anything in the handbook about this and now he is worrying me - there are some parts of my body that I value!!!

Has any of you got any thoghts please??

Many thanks

would need a few more details on how a lighting desk and scrollers can 'damage a whole rig' before I could say.

All I could guess at is that the Bullfrog isn't a tracking desk so there is more potential for programmer error during plotting sessions and having lots of scrollers whizzing and whirring back and forth to each end of their string and this could result in a few scrollers coming off their strings, but 'damage the entire rig'... well, I just don't see how to be honest.

The only issue I could see would be that somehow, something got plugged in where it shouldn't have been plugged in. Do the scrollers run off a PSU, using 4-pin plugs to get power and data? If the PSU was plugged into a dimmer it won't have liked it very much, but it's very difficult to see how the entire rig would get damaged - I wouldn't worry too much!

The only issue I could see would be that somehow, something got plugged in where it shouldn't have been plugged in. Do the scrollers run off a PSU, using 4-pin plugs to get power and data? If the PSU was plugged into a dimmer it won't have liked it very much, but it's very difficult to see how the entire rig would get damaged - I wouldn't worry too much!

The scrollers run of a power supply with DMX in and 4 pin plugs out to the scrollers themselves.

Thanks for the comments - appreciate it.

Archived