Chauvet Q Wash LED Moving Head Tilt belt..

maxjones2000

Have you still got the old belt? It will have all the part numbers/ manufacturers codes you'll need to source a replacement. It is extremely unlikely to be a Chauvet-specific part, so your local engineering supplier should be able to find you a replacement.

Have you still got the old belt? It will have all the part numbers/ manufacturers codes you'll need to source a replacement. It is extremely unlikely to be a Chauvet-specific part, so your local engineering supplier should be able to find you a replacement.

hi thanks for the help,

the only thing is that I haven't actually bought the fixture yet- I just wanted an idea of the price of this as it's really cheap on the internet (as it has a broken belt and pan motor) and I just wanted to know whether it was worth the money (if the belt is like £50 then that's more the fixtures worth!)

thanks

I could email the seller asking whether it has a number on it... :** laughs out loud **:

cant remember where I found it, but bought one for the Q-spot at about a fiver inc p&p

ooh that's cheaper than I thought! Thanks!

Any idea how much a new/second hand main pan motor would be?

Cheers! :** laughs out loud **:

A small generic stepper will be in the £10-£20 range.

thanks brian,

that's cheaper than I thought too! Now just to see what price the fixture will be be.. It's risen from 99p to £10 in 1 day.. :** laughs out loud **:

Wernt you advised not to buy this, just the other day on a topic?

Actually, if he can get it at a decent price I think he should buy it. Fixing the thing will be very good experience. Fixing it by tracking down generic spares will be good experience.

I've bought plenty of stuff over the years which was sold 'as seen' or 'needs attention' and had great fun getting them to work again. Sometimes it was a complete failure and I gave up and scrapped it. But every time I do it I learn something. Remember that I've been 'doing' electronics for longer than many of our younger members have been alive. Or even for twice as long as some of them. And yet I still have fun fixing stuff.

So to the OP - give it a go. Set yourself a spending limit equal to an amount that you can afford to spend on a toy that may or may not ever work. And if you get it post back here and I'm sure someone will help you track down the bits you want. But above all HAVE FUN.

Wernt you advised not to buy this, just the other day on a topic?

Actually, if he can get it at a decent price I think he should buy it. Fixing the thing will be very good experience. Fixing it by tracking down generic spares will be good experience.

I've bought plenty of stuff over the years which was sold 'as seen' or 'needs attention' and had great fun getting them to work again. Sometimes it was a complete failure and I gave up and scrapped it. But every time I do it I learn something. Remember that I've been 'doing' electronics for longer than many of our younger members have been alive. Or even for twice as long as some of them. And yet I still have fun fixing stuff.

So to the OP - give it a go. Set yourself a spending limit equal to an amount that you can afford to spend on a toy that may or may not ever work. And if you get it post back here and I'm sure someone will help you track down the bits you want. But above all HAVE FUN.

Thanks Brian- that's what I was thinking - it will teach me how to fix stuff and roughly how a ML works, and I can't think of anything more fun than tinkering round with a posh(ish) electrical item for a couple of weeks in the summer holiday!

I'll get my dad to bid on it on Friday when most of my exams are done (woo!) and it'll give me a better chance of getting it! I just hope it doesn't get too expensive (it's stopped at £10 so far!)

I'm quite suprised how cheap all the components are, as long as I can source them!

Thanks for the kind help everyone! :P

I'm quite suprised how cheap all the components are, as long as I can source them!

You have the advantage of time. If this unit was sat on the bench in a hire company then the pressure would be on to get it fixed which often means paying higher prices to get spares delivered the next day. If you can wait then you'll get things cheaper.

Archived