BEHRINGER LC2412 - DISPLAY PROBLEM

civic1975

Just got the desk out after several months, gig tomorrow night, and when I powered up the display is showing a series of black squares. I've changed the battery on the PCB but no help. It's not done a great deal of work.

It will work on the presets, DMX OK and it runs tha last chase sequence I programmed.

HELP - ANY IDEAS?

I'll take it tomorrow night and a couple of Level 6's as back up.

Stuart

...display is showing a series of black squares. ...

That's usually a sign of one of two things...

1) The display is not being initialised - either the display is broken or the connection to it has failed

2) The contrast adjustment is wrong - what happens if you adjust the contrast pot?

:P I like problems like this, I.e simple.Try adjusting the contrast control and you should find the display returns to normal, if you turn the contrast up to high, all you get is a series of black squares.I have the same board, and found the same thing.Keep it illuminated Roy

Desk 'worked' but display still US.

Its not the contrast, that simply brightens and dims the black squares.

Any more suggestions? Is there a Behringer expert on here, or does anyone have good contact in UK?

Thanks

Stuart

If the rest is ok, its probably just lost communication between the display panel and the micro. These LCDs will show squares if they're powered up but no valid data appears on its inputs.

Of course the display itself may have died, I think they're pretty standard on these and available from the usual sources with maybe the odd tweak to the pinout of the header or backplane volts.

Archived