What's best for WYSIWYG

Singerdarty07

Wanting to upgrade my computer in order to run WYSIWYG better particularly getting better quality renders. What's the most important aspect I should be looking at: higher processor, faster RAM, better memory. I know it's a case of "how long is a piece of string" but want your thoughts on the minimum requirements I should be looking at.

Also, how do you save and print your renders. Do I need to open it in something like photoshop to make this happen?

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this.

Still needing an answer as to how to print and present renders. Do I need to copy it to something like photshop to make this happen?

A decent spec for Wysiwyg is.

3.3 Ghz Core 2 Quad Processor

Windows XP or 7 64 bit

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 285 or higher spec graphics card. (Say with NVIDIA as far as graphics go. There are issues with some ATI cards.

As far as helpingyou with the rendering I need to know what version you are running and the dongle number before I can do anything.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for this.

Still needing an answer as to how to print and present renders. Do I need to copy it to something like photshop to make this happen?

A decent spec for Wysiwyg is.

3.3 Ghz Core 2 Quad Processor

Windows XP or 7 64 bit

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 285 or higher spec graphics card. (Say with NVIDIA as far as graphics go. There are issues with some ATI cards.

As far as helpingyou with the rendering I need to know what version you are running and the dongle number before I can do anything.

Regards

Andy

If your building a new machine the above spec is ok but I would go for an i7 cpu. Wyg will run very nicely on both machines but you will be able to use more movers on an i7 compared to a Core 2 at the same speed).

That said my current machine uses a 2.6ghz quad core 2 with gtx 285 (2 in sli but only slightly faster than 1) and even that runs smoothly with about a hundred movers.

Also if your not on the latest version of Wyg I highly recommend upgrading. R25 in particular looks stunning on decent machines.

My next build will definitely use the fastest i7 that I can justify. (currently wyg only takes advantage of 2 cpu cores, but the extra cores can be useful; especially if you want to run screen capture software to record your shows)

Archived