Need a multicore

jonic222

Hi

I'm looking around for a multicore (between a 16:4 and a 20:4, around 25-30m), and was just after some advice on what to go for. It needs to be fairly good value for money, however we use it quite a lot for live music so it has to be a fairly good quality. The 30m 16:4 from stage electrics is £308.18 - I think this is probably around the price limit we can go to (if not a little too high).

I don't know if anyone has used equipment from theloudest.co.uk, but they have a 16:4 30m multicore for £161 - not sure if this is just great value for money, or if it's just not great quality.

I own a 16:4 30m Multicore from Thomann. It gets used once or twice a month and has done sterling service in the last 2 years I've owned it. I'm probably going to have to replace the connectors on the tail soon as they seem to be showing signs of the strain relief stopping working.

Josh

I'm probably going to have to replace the connectors on the tail soon as they seem to be showing signs of the strain relief stopping working.

Josh

Rather than replacing th connectors, try using some heat shrink sleeving to build up the sheath in the area of the cable grip. I have done this on several Thomman multi-cores of various sizes and they have lasted well.

Brian

I don't know if anyone has used equipment from theloudest.co.uk, but they have a 16:4 30m multicore for £161 - not sure if this is just great value for money, or if it's just not great quality.

I bought a 20/4 45m on a drum and was happy with the quality for the price. Check out similar at CPC. It would not stand up to serious heavy duty use without a little work for example covering each of the flying leads with nylon mesh sleeving.

I have a 16/4 30M multi manufactured by KELSEY which is now about six years old and still as good as the day it was delivered--nice quality Van Damme cable with all Neutrik connectors. From memory, it was roughly the price you've found (I bought mine via AC Lighting rather than direct) and I can certainly vouch for the ruggedness and quality. They have a good range of stock cables but, if you want anything unusual, can usually do a custom build for not much more.

Bob

Archived