device to prevent unauthorised recording??

chatterbox

Is there a device available that can prevent unauthorised recording in a room???

It also has to be able to allow the authorised recording to continue, although if necessary, I believe I could move the actual legal recording into a seperate room...

I dont think this is possible - but welcome any comments or suggestions.......

Video recording? Audio recording? Note taking?

Only way would be to have security and to screen everyone and ensure that they did not have any electronic devices (including cellphones) on their person as far as I can see...

Otherwise it's a bit of a dream as far as I could see....

2c and all that :)

:)

When I went on an open day to ICL, one of the final year projects was to encode music with messages in it. It was almost imperceptible, even when you compared it to the original. The plan, apparently, is to include this encoding in all recordings and use it to prevent recording/ pirating.

If you took the music live, converted to digital, added a tag to prevent recording, encoded and converted back to digital, AND the system was common enough that all recording devices 'listened' for the tag, then that would solve your problem. Obviously, you'd take your recording from a point before the tag was added.

But, unfortunately, that isn't the case.

Thanks to you all....

Spoke to Gerry Anderson and he said "Thunderbirds have gone"....but otherwise I think the common denominator is as I thought - nothing can do this (ps it is for meetings - not for copying cd's)....

I believe that the only way is a scanner like at the court rooms and airports - asnd then confiscate the devices until after the meetings - however - will these pick up audio recording devices like the pens and key rings currnetly on sale on ebay etc etc...???

Unless you are able to exceed airport type security, then not much can stop a solid state recorder, without taking lives - a Jacobs Ladder or Acme sized magnet to upset the microphone coil would be my Wylie Coyote methods if EMP wepons were out of stock.

Tap dancers usually upset most theatre sound guys - anything you can exploit?

Sam

Archived