What is the purpose of this..?

maxjones2000

Quite simple.

These are for protecting moving heads when used outdoors in potentially wet conditions. The integral fan serves two main purposes - to inflate the dome and keep air circulating around the fixture stopping moisture build up as well as reducing heat.

And yes, I suspect it will affect beam quality slightly, but nowhere near as much as a dowsing of rain!!

Quite simple.

These are for protecting moving heads when used outdoors in potentially wet conditions. The integral fan serves two main purposes - to inflate the dome and keep air circulating around the fixture stopping moisture build up as well as reducing heat.

And yes, I suspect it will affect beam quality slightly, but nowhere near as much as a dowsing of rain!!

oh ok thanks! I hadn't thought of that- but it's cheaper than having to repair/replace a soaked macIII!

Thanks (sorry this reply is a bit short, I'm a bit pushed for time - gotta get to school in 30mins!)

There was a moving head a tank at PLASA09 which was working inspite of a rain machine churning out bucketfuls of water on-top of the lantern...is this a one-off, or is pretty common to find movers that can work in the rain, nowadays? Does anyone know what mover it was? I didn't get the details.

There was a moving head a tank at PLASA09 which was working inspite of a rain machine churning out bucketfuls of water on-top of the lantern...is this a one-off, or is pretty common to find movers that can work in the rain, nowadays? Does anyone know what mover it was? I didn't get the details.

That I believe was a Synchrolite which are made for indoor or outdoor use without the need for domes or other devices, which a standard say Martin fixture would.

And yeah they used to get called condomes, probably still do to be honest.

That I believe was a Synchrolite which are made for indoor or outdoor use without the need for domes or other devices, which a standard say Martin fixture would.

And yeah they used to get called condomes, probably still do to be honest.

Nope not a Syncrolite it was a Novaflower.

I've used Condomes a few times (fnar fnar :) ) and yes they do cause some issues, in terms of focus of gobo's and beams, but nothing too serious. Certainly nothing that 90% of the punters would notice anyway :)

Cheers

Smiffy

Archived